Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hello World!

Hello World! I am very excited to be launching this blog today. This weekly journal will hopefully be a piece of the mosaic of offerings that I plan to release under the umbrella of the Heart-Mind Education Project.

For the past four years I’ve been hearing again and again “I’m the only one I know that is bringing mindfulness into the classroom” or “my friends aren’t into this stuff. I’m all alone in doing this.” The fact is thousands of people across the globe are bringing mindfulness practice to students. There are now several large organizations bringing trainings and services to anyone interested in integrating mindful awareness at home, in the classroom, into therapy sessions, etc. The problem seems to be that there isn’t a way for those who have been trained to then communicate with each other. There isn’t a community support system in place.


It is my intention to help bridge the gap between the multitudes of people bringing mindfulness programs to kids. I feel that there is an untapped wisdom and experience that lies within this community of parents, educators, social workers, and therapists, just waiting to be shared and supported.


I look forward to using this blog 
as a way to reach out the community with related research, articles, training opportunities, and mindfulness techniques. I’ll also highlight curriculum shared on The Heart-Mind Education Forum, which is scheduled to be launched in the next month. This forum will operate as a hub for the mindfulness community to share curriculum, resources, and wisdom.

I hope you will join me in this journey. Feel free to send me any articles or research you feel I should consider posting. Community input is what will make this a rich experience to share.   

No comments:

Post a Comment